- To give children the tools and understanding to make a positive impact on their own physical health and well-being
- To ensure all children experience a wide variety of sports and physical skills which will enhance life-long fitness and life choices
- To challenge and promote self-esteem through the development of physical confidence and problem solving
- To teach children to cope with both success and failure in competitive, individual and team based physical activities
- To allow children to explore their personal and spiritual identity
The school follows the PE Hub curriculum which ensures consistency, progression and challenge across all year groups. P.E. goes beyond individual lessons as the school encourages active learning across the curriculum, as well opportunities throughout the day for the children to move and keep their minds and bodies active.
We know from experience that by creating the opportunities for our children to try a new sport or activity this can lead to greater confidence to try new things and ignite a new passion. As a school we take part in several tournaments including football, tag rugby and basketball via the Ipswich Schools Sport Association.
These tournaments provide a friendly, yet competitive environment for our children to compete against others of a strong standard and proudly represent our school community.
The Sport Premium allocation is used to provide, develop and deliver sustainable high-quality teaching in school P.E. and sport and this funding supports our aim to create a culture that encourages ALL children to be active, healthy and enjoy sport.
We are a partner school with Ipswich Town Football Club Foundation, who deliver weekly quality PE sessions to all children, as well as lunch and after school multi-sports clubs to promote active, physical and mental health and wellbeing.
For details of how East Bergholt has utilised its PE and sport grant allocation and the impact it is having, please see the impact statements on the website.