These are the Key skills that each child will be working towards in Reception Class.
By the end of Foundation all children should:
- Have a deep understanding of number to 10, including the composition of each number. E.G. 5 is also 2 + 3 and 4 + 1.
- Be able to subitise (recognise quantities without counting) up to 5.
- Be able to automatically recall (without reference to rhymes, counting or other aids) number bonds up to 5 (including subtraction facts) and some number bonds to 10, including double facts.
- Be able to verbally count beyond 20, recognising the pattern of the counting system.
- Be able to compare quantities up to 10 in different context, recognising when one quantity is greater than, less than or same as the other quantity.
- Explore and represent patterns within numbers up to 10, including evens and odds, double facts and hoe quantities can be distributed equally.