Subject Leader - Miss Waterhouse
At East Bergholt Primary School, we believe the teaching of Art should equip children with a range of skills that allow them to express their ideas in effective ways. Each child’s creative flair is encouraged to flourish through exposure to various art pieces, access to a wide range of materials and the freedom to experiment with techniques. We aim to inspire children to have the confidence to believe in their ideas, modelling techniques and offering advice so they can exceed their own expectations to create art work they are proud of.
Key Stage 1 & EYFS
Key Stage 2
• Use experiences and ideas as the inspiration for artwork.
• Share ideas using drawing, painting and sculpture.
• Explore a variety of techniques.
• Learn about the work of a range of artists, artisans and designers.
• Use experiences, other subjects across the curriculum and ideas as inspiration for artwork.
• Develop and share ideas in a sketchbook and in finished products.
• Improve mastery of techniques.
• Learn about the great artists, architects and designers in history
Each child in school is encouraged to use and experiment with a range of various materials when getting creative in the classroom. So far this year children from all year groups have been enjoying regular Art lessons, using oil pastels, inks, watercolours, poster paints, 2B pencils, collage materials and chalks to create individual pieces. Art lessons throughout the school are often cross curricular, relating to each classes current topic.