Subject Leader - Mrs Mitchell
In East Bergholt primary school we believe RE should:
- prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- provoke challenging questions about the ultimate meaning and purpose of life; beliefs about God; issues of right and wrong; what it means to be human.
- stimulate consideration of the person as an individual and also a member of communities
- make a central contribution to the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of children
- promote the values of truth, justice, respect for all people and care of the environment.
- place specific emphasis on pupils valuing others and themselves, within families, community groups of faith and activity, both in similarities and differences of expression.
- enable pupils to examine and question values and beliefs, reflecting on their own uniqueness, and sharing feelings and emotions through forming and maintaining positive relationships.
- explore the significance of humanity in relation to the whole environment, and our responsibility towards it
- provide a foundation for exploring the ‘difficult questions’ about life, and what an individual responsibility means