At East Bergholt Primary School we believe handwriting should:
- help children to develop legible, fluent, efficient handwriting
- develop a consistent style of handwriting throughout the school
- make all staff consider themselves to be teachers of handwriting
Teaching handwriting is a priority. Children need to learn to:
- Write cursively with efficiency and speed, without having to think hard about how to formulate letters and join their writing
- This enables them to concentrate on what to write.